Monday, April 23, 2012

Special birthday blog hop - Sweet birthday wishes

Welcome and happy Monday! More importantly, happy birthday to Michele Gross, owner of CAS-ual Fridays!
Some of us Girl Fridays got together and arranged a super-double-top-secret blog hop to show Michele how much we appreciate her and to celebrate her big day. If you've been hopping from the beginning, you should've arrived here from Suzanne's blog. If you're just now joining in, welcome! Be sure to go back to the beginning and check out everybody's wonderful celebratory creations (I'll post the order after my pics, in case you get lost along the way).
Okay, now for the paper yummies:I used this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch:
I really liked this sketch, and I chose it specifically to challenge myself and my brain. See that rectangular element that's off kilter? Things like that HURT MY BRAIN! I love straight lines and even numbers and symmetry, so I'm trying to do more of this kind of thing to get me out of my comfort zone. I even put the ribbon on at the same angle. ACK! Anyway, I replaced the flower element in the sketch with this cute lil' lollipop, then based my color scheme around the 4 colors from the lollipop. I don't know that I would've ever put together these colors/patterns on my own, but that little sucker pulled them all together (pun intended, LOL). Thanks, lollipop!
I used my favorite alphabet stamps from American Crafts to create this sentiment. This set never ceases to amaze me, with how the letters match up so perfectly to make it look like a "pre-made" stamp or a computer-generated sentiment:
Well thanks for joining this special blog hop. Next up is Jenny. Enjoy the rest of the hop, and don't forget to stop by and send Michele some more sweet birthday wishes! Here is the order, in case you get lost:

Karen <--who arranged this and created the fantastic badge above
Kimberly <-- you are here


I'm playing along here:
Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 157
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge #129: Stripes or checks ( I went with checks)
Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge PWC202: Create a card for a girl

Supplies: card base: The Paper Studio; patterned papers: Crate Paper (yellow, red), KI Memories (blue); sticker: Crate Paper (green strip); punch out: Crate Paper (lollipop) stamps: American Crafts; ink: Ranger; ribbon: Making Memories; sewing machine: Kenmore; thread: Singer

22 comments:

  1. Super cute and fun card! I'm so touched :) Thank you for being part of my special day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! I love the bright cheery colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowee what fun bright colours Kimberley...they look great together and love the jaunty angle of the ribbon too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy color combo and design, Kim! Thanks for the eye candy! Glad that you are part of the blog hop for Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this pretty, colorful card, Kim! I have that Crate lollypop and I've been hoarding it like forever, lol! You inspired me to put it to good use :)
    xo
    Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card! Awesome job with the sketch and those colors are really great. That lollipop was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet card Kimberly - pun intended :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card, Kimberly!! The sentiment is perfect with your lollipop...sooooo "sweet":)!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came to your blog this morning but couldn't find this post! lol
    I'm so excited you stepped out of your comfort Zone Kimberly, because this card ROCKs. I love that crooked blue piece with the orange gingham ribbon. It's just so sweet (like your lolly)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So super cute, the lolly is the best, and awesome colors! Thanks for joining in and making Michele's day just a little extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, look at those fun colors!!! such a sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet card! Great way to use that lollipop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so fun and cheerful! Love the bright colors and lollipop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so fun! I love the bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a super fun birthday card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet card, thanks for playing along at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun card! Love the bright colours! Thanks for joining us at PCJ ! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't believe those are individual letter stamps!! They look awesome! And I love the bright fun colours especially that gingham background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute card and take on the sketch! Love the lollipop. Your colors look great and I too have troubles with elements that aren't straight. Using sketches has really helped get over that hurdle :)
    TFS.

    ReplyDelete