Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Paper Smooches SPARKS DT call - Welcome

Hello, and happy Wednesday! Today I'm back with another card for the Paper Smooches SPARKS design team call. I think this is my last one (I've done 5 total), but that may change. Who knows. This is the inspiration photo I used:

I just love the color scheme, the stitching, the gingham, and the overall home-spun goodness in this photo. Martha for president!!!
Now for the paper yummies:

I paper pieced the apron from the Pretty Momma set and paired it with a sentiment from Simply Said. I used a bunch of different patterned papers from October Afternoon and DCWV. I machine stitched around the edges, and finished it off with a ribbon. (Note: this ribbon was originally brown and white, which looked much to stark against the rest of the card. So I dyed it with Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Antique Linen. Now it matches perfectly! I love it when that happens!)

Thanks for looking!
I'm playing along here:
Crafty Emma's Store Challenge #81: Paper Piece It
Lily Pad Cards Flower Challenge
Paper Crafting Journey PCJ7: 3 or more patterned papers
Paper Sundaes Challenge #116: Anything Goes
The Ribbon Carousel RCC49: Color-a-licious

Supplies: cardstock: Recollections; patterned papers: October Afternoon (red dot, green stripe), DCWV (flowers, green dot, yellow dot); stamps: Paper Smooches; ink: Memento; circle die: Spellbinders; die cutting machine: Cuttlebug; edge punches: EK Succes (large scallop), Fiskars (small scallop); ribbon: The Ribbon Boutique; baker's twine: Divine Twine; sewing machine: Kenmore; thread: Singer

10 comments:

  1. This rocks! You totally captured the home spun feel of it! The apron is adorable and I love your perfect stitching!
    I'm a nerd about the challenges too - there are lists and inspiration photos posted above my desk at all times! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely card, thank you for joining us all at ~Sweet Stampin'~ this week Good Luck. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kimberly, I'm so glad you found me, cause it led me to YOUR fabulous cards!!
    WOW, I love your style! You seem to always have the right embellishment, stitching or texture in the perfect spot!!
    I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one who created up a storm for this DT call. :)
    I wish you luck, but I doubt YOU will need it!!
    Now it's my turn to go become a follower!
    Take care,
    Kasia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, love the card!!! I love your style so very much ... the patterned paper is what gets me, especially with that gorgeous ribbon. Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, this card is so much fun and kitschy! I love it! Great patterns and colors and a cool thing to do with your ribbon too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable!!
    Thanks for playing at the Ribbon Carousel!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful girly card - and so stylish!! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at CES this week, Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really sweet card. I really like that you paper-pieced the dress, it give it that little extra.

    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Love Mickaela

    ReplyDelete
  10. that patterned apron is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete