Thursday, April 12, 2012

Paper Smooches SPARKS DT call - Happy everything

Paper Smooches Stamps is taking applications to be on the design team for their SPARKS Challenge blog. Ever since I got my first set just a few months ago, I've been hooked on Kim's stamps. They are such fun and unique images and sentiments, and you can't beat her customer service. I am so honored to be the guest designer for this month, and have had so much fun creating all kinds of cute paper yummies. So when I saw that she was going to be holding a DT call for the SPARKS challenge, I couldn't wait to get started. Here's the deal: using any of the SPARKS inspiration photos (past or present), create a project inspired by that photo and submit it. Easy enough right? To make it even easier, Kim's not even requiring the use of Paper Smooches stamps on the project you submit! Of course, I HAD to use my Paper Smooches stamps though...it just wouldn't feel right otherwise. And there are so many great inspiration photos to base your project on - you're bound to be inspired by at least one! This is my first project (you can submit as many as you'd like). Here is the inspiration photo I chose:

I just love 1) the rainbow , 2) the gray, and 3) that little heart in the bottom right corner. Not sure if that's a watermark or an actual part of the image, but it sure is cute. I wanted to base my card on those three things and do a nice clean and simple card. Now for the paper yummies:

They look black in the photos, but the cardstock and embossing powder are a charcoal gray color. I stamped and embossed this awesome hexagon pattern from Geo-Graphic, then colored it in to resemble the rainbow of colors in the inspiration photo. I stamped and embossed the sentiment from Simply Said, and added a heart from Word Salad. I added some machine stitching and Stickles glitter glue. Super CAS card, but I love it! Here's a close-up:
So how about you? Are you going to apply for the SPARKS DT call? Good luck to all who do!

Thanks for looking!

Supplies: cardstock: Core'dinations (gray), Stampin' Up! (white); stamps: Paper Smooches; ink: Versamark; embossing powder: American Crafts; markers; Prismacolor; glitter glue: Ranger; sewing machine: Kenmore; thread: Singer

9 comments:

  1. Oh how I love that gradient change in the rainbow colours Kimberley..this is a fab CAS card, good luck :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Looks like a total winner to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous coloring and fabulous rainbow! Love that glitter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! Love your gradient of colour. Good luck to you in the search... maybe we'll both be on there!;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this card is awesome! it is happy, CAS, and well glitter goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a happy card and beautiful execution. Congrats on your spot at Casual Friday's. Look forward to seeing MORE of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a stunner, Kimberly! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete