Thursday, April 12, 2012

I'm just a girl...

...a Girl Friday, that is! I'm so excited to announce that I am now a Design Team member at CAS-ual Fridays!!! Check it:

This is my first design team spot ever, so it's doubly exciting! I am seriously so honored and giddy to have been chosen for this, especially given the talent of the current DT. And Michele did a FANTASTIC job of picking the new design team members. No, really. It's pretty awesome! It's an international group of seriously talented designers. And Michele has created an additional CAS-ual Fridays Facebook design team (genius!). All in all, there are seven new design team members at the blog, and 5 new designers for Facebook inspiration! We will commence our DT term in May. AND, the look of the blog is getting a bit of a makeover in the coming weeks. So there's TONS of exciting things going on at CAS-ual Fridays! Ok, what are you still doing here? GO CHECK OUT THE BIG REVEAL AND THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE!!!
(To see my take on this week's challenge, keep reading.)




So, my term as a designer technically hasn't started yet, but I'm going to be playing along with the challenges just for fun until we officially start next month. Here is this week's challenge:

Using the color wheel, choose one color and it's opposite. Create a project using those 2 colors-adding neutrals is ok!

I picked yellow from the color wheel, and it's opposite is a dark violet color. I created a card to say thank you to Michele for picking me to serve as a DT member. Now for the paper yummies:
I stamped the background using a border stamp from Mint Motif. The sentiment is by Papertrey Ink, stamped on a Nestabilities die cut. I mounted the white die cut onto black cardstock and hand-cut a mat for it, since the next size up in the set was a little too big. I added a simple violet ribbon and finished it off with a pearl. Thanks again, Michele!
I'm linking up here:
CAS-ual Fridays CFC48: Opposites Attract

Supplies: cardstock: Georgia Pacific (white), Recollections (black), stamps: Mint Motif (border), Papertrey Ink (sentiment); ink: Clearsnap (yellow), Tsukineko (black); cutting die: Spellbinders; die cutting machine: Cuttlebug by Provocraft; ribbon: Offray; pearl: The Paper Studio

29 comments:

  1. *squeal* I'm so happy for you Kimberly! And this card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your fabulous news!! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Kim! I am so thrilled that you are going to be part of the CAS-ual Fridays team! You are going to enjoy this DT! I just know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Kim! So happy for you and excited to be working with you. I am so glad to have met you first through HA and now here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, looking forward to seeing your amazing creations each week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! So happy to be working with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yippee! You make a fellow newbie proud! I knew you might be a front runner :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw you are the sweetest, what a gorgeous card! I am so excited for you and so happy that you said yes. This is going to be tons of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY - I guessed your big news!!! HUGE CONGRATS Kimberley, looking forward to seeing your inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...Huge congrats Kimberley, what a first DT spot to bag!!!
    So looking forward to being a teamie with you :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on making the team Kimberly! So happy for you! I've been stalking your blog since your guest design spot at Paper Smooches! Love your style! Congrats again on your first design team!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your work is amazing, Kimberley...congratulations on being chosen for the DT...so happy to be on the CAS-ual Fridays team with you:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your colour choices Kimberley and delighted to be joining you on this adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your colors...fabulous design! And so happy to be playing with you on the CAS-ual Fridays team!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. BEAUTIFUL CARD, Congratulations on your debut!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing card!

    I am so happy to be working with you, Kim! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations, Kimberly! That is awesome news!! Your card is fabulous. I love that Mint Motif background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooohoooo Kimberly!! So exciting to be your teammie! And what a classy card for this day!! (Sorry to comment in "reply" form, but the comments box is not showing on my browser).

      Delete
  18. Congrats! Look forward to see more of your work, which I absolutely love!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats, Kimberly! I'm thrilled to call you a teammate and can't wait until our first official challenge! Love the purple and yellow combo you used and that fabulous stamped background.

    ReplyDelete
  20. congratulations on the dt! love this card, that mint motif set is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats.. I love the bold colors of your creation..
    Hugs
    Alison
    Owner-The Alley Way Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  22. Whoo! Hoo! Congrats to you! So glad we will be working together!

    ReplyDelete
  23. congrats!!!!!!! LOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay Kimberly! So excited that you're joining the team :) Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You ROCK, Kimberly! Congrats making the design team,and I admire anyone who is a fire fighter! Thank you for your comment on my card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooooohhh this is beautiful!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  27. AMAZING card, Kimberly! And a BIG congratulations to you! I'm so excited to be on the new team! It's a dream come true! ;)

    ReplyDelete