Saturday, April 21, 2012

Simple Card Saturday and CFC49

Happy Saturday! I hope everybody had a great week and is settling nicely into the weekend. Today's simple card is based in the sketch this week at CAS-ual Fridays. Have you checked out the blog makeover? Karen completely re-designed it, and Michele revealed the new look yesterday. It looks great! Here is a little sample of the new graphics, along with the sketch:
Now, since the term for the new DT doesn't officially start until May, I'm just playing along for fun until then. Let me give you a little background about today's card. I've recently SPARKED a little bloggy friendship with a super sweet and talented gal named Glenda. I think I first "met" her over on the Hero Arts Flickr group; but here lately, it seems as though everywhere I look, there's Glenda winning a challenge, or winning another challenge or being named May's guest designer at Paper Smooches (squeal!). I mean, the girl is on a roll, peeps! So I used the two square elements in the sketch as inspiration to create this paper yummy for Glenda:

I cut the dice using the Cricut Indie Art cartridge and patterned paper by Echo Park. I created the sentiment using the Ginger alpha stamps from American Crafts. I added a bit of machine stitching and finished it off with some embroidery floss. Here's a close-up:
I hope her "roll" continues (**wink**)! I'm sending this card to Glenda, but first I'm playing along here:
CAS-ual Fridays CFC49: Sketch
Card Makin' Mamas Getting Girly Challenge
Crafty Catz Challenge 129: Stripes or Checks (I went with checks)
Paper Sundaes Challenge #116: Anything Goes

Thanks for looking!

Supplies: cardstock: Recollections (brown), Georgia Pacific (white); patterned paper: October Afternoon; die cut machine: Cricut Expression; cartridge: Indie Art; stamps: American Crafts; ink: Tsukineko; brown pen (to darken sentiment): American Crafts; floss: DMC; sewing machine: Kenmore; thread: Singer; hole punch: We R Memory Keepers; dimensional adhesive: American Crafts

19 comments:

  1. This is super cute, love the take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean, simple and very nice indeed! Love the theme and colors you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you're totally girlie dice Kimberley, brilliant design :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack! Those dice are adorable!! Glenda is a sweetheart and she will love it!! Glad you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun and creative! I love your take on this, Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your fun card thank you for joining us at crafty catz linda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. CAS perfection! And cute, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful CAS card, Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Sundays this week
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are the sweetest thing ever! I absolutely love this perfect card! So sweet of you to think of me... thanks so much for encouragement and the shout out. Here's to *sparking* a friendship. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is the cutest, Kimberly! What a sweet friend you are to Glenda. I love that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a *super* cute card! Love the pink checkerboard for the dice!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card!! Way to go, Glenda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you've been on a roll with winning challenges too! This card is grand. So graphic, trendy and downright cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very trendy! I love the dice and twine together-reminiscient of those hanging from rearview mirrors! Love it. Looking forward to seeing more of your goodies as a DT member. Congrats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Kimberly - and I agree Glenda is on a roll!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooh, very cool!!! what a perfect card for Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
  17. AWESOME!!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks fabulous! YOU must be on a roll!!! LOVE the pink patterned dice and the placement of the sentiment is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL! Love it! Checkered pink die cannot be beat and it's perfect for Glenda!

    ReplyDelete