Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

Happy Easter! I hope everybody is having a safe and blessed holiday, however you're spending it. I'm back with another card for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge:
CFC47: Let the Hunt Begin! Clean And Simple projects featuring something you'd find in an Easter Basket

I used this sketch from Retro Sketches:
I again used stamps that had never previously been inked. I just love these cute lil' eggs! The grouping of eggs is a single stamp by American Crafts, and they just begged to be paper-pieced. I thought I would try something new (for me, at least). I stamped the eggs on white cardstock, then used a square die that was slightly smaller than the stamped image, so that when I paper-pieced them, the eggs hang off the die cut just slightly. I think it's a pretty cute effect. Now for the paper yummies:

I embossed the kraft cardstock background with this cutie patootie polka dot embossing folder from Provocraft. I'm such a sucker for a polka dot. Add in some cute eggs? Yes, please! I stamped the sentiment (by Hampton Art) onto some green dot paper, and added a pink gingham ribbon. Here's a close-up:

Thanks for looking! Stay tuned this week... I MAY have a bit of exciting news to share! Tiny squeal!

I'm playing along here:
Fab 'n' Funky Emboss It! Challenge
One Stop Craft Challenge #166: Pastels and die cuts

Supplies: cardstock: Georgia Pacific (white), The Paper Studio (kraft); patterned papers: DCWV; stamps: American Crafts (eggs), Hampton Art (sentiment); ink: Tsukineko; embossing folder/machine: Cuttlebug by Provocraft; cutting die: Spellbinders, ribbon: The Ribbon Boutique

8 comments:

  1. a very cute original card - love the spring colours thanks for playing along at fab'n'funky challenges this week hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, love the pastel colours and the kraft card. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week and hope to see you again next week! judit x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done, Kimberly!! I love your take with the sketch! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimberly, I really love your take on the sketch! The colors are fabulous! Thank you so much for joining us this week at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can guess your exciting news Kimberley - but I won't spoil the surprise!!! Huge congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kimberly, another beautiful card! Love your style! Clean, simple, and oh-so-cute! :) Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete