Saturday, April 7, 2012

Simple Card Saturday - happy Easter

Happy Saturday! I hope everybody had a wonderful week. For today's Simple Card Saturday, I'm playing along with a few challenges. The first is, of course, CAS-ual Fridays:

CFC47: Let the Hunt Begin! Clean And Simple projects featuring something you'd find in an Easter Basket

I'm also playing along with the beautiful color challenge at ColourQ:
And I used the sketch from Mojo Monday:

I wanted to use this adorable Easter stamp that I've had for awhile (and I don't think it's ever been inked). I thought it would be great for paper piecing. And now for the paper yummies:
I paper-pieced the Easter birdie using some yellow and white striped paper from Echo Park - actually all the patterned papers are Echo Park. I colored in his beak with a light peach marker to complete the color challenge. I kinda like how you can still see the stripes on his beak. I added a white scalloped strip down the side of the green paper for a subtle effect, as it is against white cardstock. I machine stitched a single line down the left edge of the green paper as well. Here's a close-up of the lil' cutie:
I'm playing along here:
Mojo Monday 235-Contest

Have a lovely Easter tomorrow! Thanks for looking!
Supplies: cardstock: Georgia Pacific; patterned papers: Echo Park; stamp: Hampton Art (Studio G); ink: Tsukineko; marker: Prismacolor; cutting die: Spellbinders; die cutting machine: Cuttlebug by Provocraft; edge punch: Martha Stewart; baker's twine: Divine Twine; button: craft supply; sewing machine: Kenmore; thread: Singer; dimensional adhesive: American Crafts

9 comments:

  1. Super cute Easter card, Kimberly, I love the mix of papers and the paper pieced chick is awesome! Just fabulous! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is soooo adorable...thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done! Love the layering and how you used the sketch! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack! I LOVE the striped chick! He is TOO cute:) Hope you had a Happy Easter and thanks for playing at ColourQ this week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card stood out in the gallery for me!! LOVE your cute chick so much and the papers you have used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is absolutely beautiful!!! Love the chick and the colors of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so cute. Love your card's sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe, that is one cute chick :) Love the design and layering you used :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooooo CUTE!!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete