Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Paper Smooches April Guest Designer - week 4

Hi, everybody!  I'm back to share the final cards for my guest designer spot at the Paper Smooches blog this month. Boy, I tell ya', 4 weeks just flew by.  It's crazy...

For this first card, I knew I wanted to use the little coconut drink from the Get Outta Town stamp set.  And from the moment I laid eyes on that stamp, I knew I wanted to flock that little coconut.  I also wanted to incorporate some embossing on this card.  It just so happens that the embossing folder I chose looks an awful lot like the circle of dots from the Potpourri set.  So I combined all of those things to create this paper yummy:

I stamped the circle of dots using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen for a very subtle look. I stamped the coconut drink and colored it in using Prismacolor markers.  Then I added Fun Flock to the coconut:

I stamped the sentiment, added some machine stitching, and finished it off with baker's twine.  Here's another view of the flocked coconut:


For the second card, I wanted to create a card for Mother's Day coming up, or any day you want to show your mom how much you appreciate her.  I stamped and embossed the hibiscus from Get Outta Town several times, masking some parts and popping up others.  I colored them all in with Prismacolor markers.  For the sentiment, I used the "thanks" from Simply Said along with "mom" from Pretty Momma.

Here's a closer view of the flowers:

Thank you so much for looking!  I had such a blast being a guest designer for Kim Hughes and Paper Smooches Stamps.  I am so honored to have been chosen for this!

Card 1 is playing along here:
Creative Inspirations Challenge 160: Anything Goes
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge #118: No patterned paper
Ooh-la-la Creations Challenge #103: Bold & Bright
Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge
The Ribbon Carousel Challenge RCC50: Anything Goes

Card 2 is playing along here:
Creative Inspirations Challenge 160: Anything Goes
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge #118: No patterned paper
Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge PWC203: Clean and Simple
Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge
The Ribbon Carousel Challenge RCC50: Anything Goes


Card 1 supplies: cardstock: Georgia Pacific (white), The Paper Company (blue), Core'dinations (green); embossing folder: Lifestyle Crafts; circle die: Spellbinders; die cut/embossing machine: Cuttlebug by ProvoCraft; stamps: Paper Smooches; ink: Tsukineko (black), Ranger (Antique Linen); markers: Prismacolor; flocking: Stampendous; Glossy Accents (flocking adhesive): Ranger; baker's twine: Divine Twine; sewing machine: Kenmore; thread: Singer; dimensional adhesive: American Crafts

Card 2 supplies: cardstock: Georgia Pacific (white), Recollections (black); stamps: Paper Smooches; ink: Tsukineko; embossing powder: Hampton Art; markers: Prismacolor; scallop edge punch: EK Success; ribbon: Hobby Lobby; dimensional adhesive: American Crafts

11 comments:

  1. OH MY! I cannot decide which card I love more! I LOVE the bold blue with the fun image on the first one...and those flowers on the second card look so real that I can almost smell them!!! Beautifully done:)


    Congrats on making the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge team!! I'm looking forward to working with you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can almost taste the cocktail on that first card but I guess I'll have to stick to coffee right now. Love the colour combination it gives the card a really tropical feel. Thanks for entering our Bold and Bright Challenge at Ooh La La creations.

    Alli D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both fabulous...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww..... you did a great job as guest designer Kimberley and as for this little beauty....I want to touch that flocked coconut! What an fun idea :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you made the PS Sparks DT so that we'll still get weekly Paper Smooches yumminess from you! Love that you flocked that little coconut and the colouring on your flowers is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i so love both of these. the flocking is the perfect touch on the coconut!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously stunning cards!! Your colouring is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of your cards are beautiful! I love the idea of putting the flock on the coconut. But I have to say that my fav is your second card. I love the simplicity of the flowers on the white cardstock!

    Thanks for joining us at Fab'N'Funky this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your Design Team debut with CAS-ual Fridays! You're a FANTASTIC addition—I'm sure you'll have a blast!

    I'm loving your Paper Smooches cards! The flocking on the coconut is genius!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully inspired card for the inspiration photo, Kim! Love the flowers with the ribbon details! So glad that you join the fun with us at Lily Pad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card! LOVE it!
    Thanks so much for playing with us at LilyPad!

    ReplyDelete