Saturday, May 26, 2012

Simple Card Saturday - a happy day to you

Happy Saturday!  I hope everybody's long weekend is going great so far.  I'm on duty tomorrow, so I don't really have a long weekend, but I have 6 days off after that, so YAY!  Last week I picked up a bunch of goodies from BlueMoon Scrapbooking, including some of the Sidewalks line from October Afternoon.  I absolutely love the papers in the collection, and the stamp set is adorable.  The line was released last year, but I didn't have it yet and couldn't resist.  Okay, now for the paper yummies:

Okay, is that stamp not the cutest thing EVER?!?  I love it!  I stamped him on the natural colored cardstock, colored him in, then paper-pieced his clothes and flag:

I love that this stamp set has multiple sentiments that will fit in the flag.  The stamps and all patterned papers are from the Sidewalks collection.  I machine-stitched around the cardstock, then added a button from the October Afternoon 9 to 5 collection on top of a little ribbon tab:

Thanks so much for looking!  I hope you continue to have a wonderful and safe weekend!

I'm playing along here:
The Gingham Challenge in the Moxie Fab World
One Stop Craft Challenge #184: For the Boys
Paper Play Challenges '12 Week 21: Summer Lovin'
Paper Crafting Journey Challenge #10: Anything For Kids Goes

Supplies: cardstock: Recollections; patterned papers, stamps, button: October Afternoon; ink: Memento; markers: Prismacolor; ribbon: Michael's; stapler: Ranger; sewing machine: Kenmore; quilting thread: Singer

9 comments:

  1. Oh my...I love, love your paper piecing. This card is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your paper piecing looks fantastic! What a sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful creation, great design, looks very lovely, beautiful image as well, Thanks for playing with us at Paper Play challenge blog, hugs, Frances.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this super sweet card in the GI gallery--love it! Your cards are fabulous! I'm a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely vintage image. Thanks for entering the OSCC this week. Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card. Very cute little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally in love with everything about this card!!!

    ReplyDelete