Thursday, May 17, 2012

CFC53: you are the apple of my eye

YAY!  It's Friday!  And you know what that means...another CAS-ual Fridays challenge!  This week we're getting punchy:
                   CFC54: Clean And Simple projects using punches, or dies

And the fabulous sponsor for this week's challenge is Lawn Fawn:

I've been a fan of Lawn Fawn's cute stamps for awhile now, but hadn't been lucky enough to try them until recently.  They have some of the cutest images out there!   And now for the paper yummies:


I used Lawn Fawn's My Silly Valentine set to create this cute little card.  Although the set may have originally been intended for Valentine's Day, most of the images and sentiments can be used for non-Valentine cards.  I thought this apple was adorable...just look at that cutie face!!!  And the sentiment fit perfectly onto this patterned paper with writing lines by Cosmo Cricket. I chose to use a scallop punch that was large enough to fit an apple in each little "hump".  I paper-pieced each apple and leaf with cardstock, and popped one lil' guy up with dimensional adhesive.  Here's a closer look:

I also used a corner rounder punch on the corners of the writing paper and the card itself.  I hope you will break out your punches and/or dies and play along with this week's challenge!  The winner will receive a $25 gift certificate from Lawn Fawn.  You have until Thursday, May 24 at noon EST to play along.  And don't forget to check out the rest of the design team's creations here.  Thanks for looking!

I'm also playing along here:
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge #169: Alphabet letter 
(3 elements beginning with the same letter. I chose P: patterned paper, punch, and paper piecing)
Friday Mashup #59: It's all ribbons and bows (I mashed it up, using a decorative edge and ribbon)
Simon Says Stamp Clean and Simple Challenge


Supplies: card base: The Paper Studio; cardstock, patterned paper: Cosmo Cricket (blue, red, writing lines), The Paper Company (green); stamps: Lawn Fawn; ink: Ranger; scallop edge punch: EK Success; corner rounder punch: We R Memory Keepers; ribbon: The Ribbon Boutique; dimensional adhesive: American Crafts 

18 comments:

  1. Love this Kimberley :0) great homespun feel with the gingham ribbon :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout and how you popped up the one apple is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog Kimberley! I love how the apples fit in to your scallops - so creative! Love your blog too - I shall be your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever of you to use a valentine's set into non-valentine's card, Kim! I love how you fit the apples into the scallops. Great card:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful design and elements, Kim! Love the gingham ribbons for this homey design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your creative use of that cute paper pieced apple stamp. Thanks for sharing with FTTC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the ribbon, makes me think of apple pie :) Thanks for laying along with the Friday Mashup :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! Thanks for joining along with FTTC :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, I really like the CAS design.

    Thanks for playing along with my final Friday Mashup challenge.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a sucker for scallops especially when they are big! You card is very sweet! I live in Mesa, maybe we can meet up for a crop some time? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those apples are adorable, and they look especially cute tucked into the scalloped border!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how that apple fit perfectly into the scalloped punch! Such an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute with the popped up apple! I love that ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable decoration edge! This is such a cute, cute card. Thanks for joining The Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely adorable! Perfect mix of papers, sweet images and the gingham ribbon is the perfect touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This came out great.. I love those apples and it goes great with the paper you used. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete