Sunday, May 6, 2012

Paper Smooches Cardstock Contest - Wish Big

Hi again!  I'm back with my second card for the Paper Smooches Cardstock Contest.  To see my first card, click here.  The challenge is to make a project using only cardstock - no patterned paper.  I love me some patterned paper, so this was definitely a challenge for me.  But I came up with a couple of pretty cute cards, if I may say so myself :)  Here is my second paper yummy:
I used a few stamp sets to create this card, including the adorable new Alfresco set.  But instead of stamping the hamburger "as is", I decided to do a bit of masking and stamp the patty/cheese over and over again, to create a giant burger.  If you were that cute lil' ant, wouldn't you wish for a burger that size?  LOL :)

I thought it would look cute to have a toothpick sticking out of the burger, so I decided to put my sentiment flag on the toothpick.  I stamped some subtle tone-on-tone polka dots, then created a sentiment from the Alphadot set:
Since there was no patterned paper allowed, I created the "tablecloth" using the gingham stamp from the Debonair set.  I had so much fun creating this card.  The hardest part was trying to determine what color markers I should blend to create a good hamburger patty color.  I guess you just can't find a good meat-colored marker anymore.  What's the world coming to?

I used this sketch from Retro Sketches:
That long narrow strip is what actually inspired me to make a giant stacked 8-patty-8-cheese burger.  I'm also playing along here:

Paper Smooches Cardstock Contest
Retrosketches #10
Creative Inspirations Challenge #161: Animal Antics
Little Red Wagon Challenge #131: Stitch It Up

Supplies: cardstock: Georgia Pacific (white), Core'dinations (gray, yellow), The Paper Company (blue); stamps: Paper Smooches; ink: Tsukineko (black), Hampton Art (red), Clearsnap (yellow); embossing powder: Hampton Art; markers: Prismacolor; baker's twine: Divine Twine; dimensional adhesive: American Crafts; sewing machine: Kenmore; thread: Singer; toothpick: craft supply; hole punch: We R Memory Keepers

8 comments:

  1. looks like a winner to me! great design :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely awesome! Love that ant with the burgers! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's my kind of burger!! Wouldn't it be cool if there was a marker called hamburger??

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what a BURGER! Your card is a riot!!! LOVE it! So glad you played RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and sooo clever how you stacked them Kimberly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that ant has definitely got eyes bigger than his belly (as my nana would say!) Looks just like a Scooby Snack size burger...what a fun card :0)
    jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card! Love the stitching! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kimberly -
    I love this card! I own a stamp store called Loves Rubberstamps and we carry the Paper Smooches Line. We have a company blog where every Sunday we share cards made by various artists using products we carry. Would it be ok to share this card on our blog? I would list you as the artist and have a link to your blog post here. Our company blog if you want to see how it works (See Sunday Shares posts) is www.lovesrubberstamps.com If you will allow me to share this super cute card just shoot me an email please at lovesrubberstamps@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete