Saturday, May 5, 2012

CPS 263 and Color Throwdown 190

Hello again!  I'm back with my second post for today (for my Simple Card Saturday post, click here).  For this card I used this week's sketch from Card Positioning Systems:

I also used this yummy color combination from Color Throwdown:

I actually liked this combination so much that this is the second card I made using it.  I'll be posting the first card I made tomorrow, and it's SUPER cute, so make sure you come back to see it!  Okay, for this card, I wanted to use a nice big "baby boy" stamp I got recently, and I thought it would be perfect for the large horizontal element in the card sketch.  So I created this paper yummy:
Man, I just love those colors together!  They work so perfectly for a baby boy card, but also for a feminine card.  In fact, the first card I made for this color challenge was a Mother's Day card, and I even used the exact same patterned papers too!  I'm definitely going to have to keep this combination in the ol' ideas file.

The baby stamp is from a Recollections (Michael's brand) set I got on clearance a few weeks back.  I love the subtle tiny polka dot pattern in the stamp.  I stamped it in Versamark ink, which looked good enough on that gray cardstock to leave it alone, but I'm glad I went with the mustard embossing powder.  It really pops, and matches the yellow paper perfectly!

The "welcome" stamp is from the Paper Smooches Simply Said set.  It has the most awesome sentiments!  I embossed it with charcoal embossing powder.  I machine stitched around the edges of the patterned papers, then finished off the card with these perfect buttons and baker's twine:

Now I just need to find somebody who's expecting a boy... oh wait, that would mean I would actually be giving this card away. Never mind.

I'm playing along here:
Card Positioning Systems Sketch #263
Color Throwdown Challenge #190
CropStop Challenge #70: Emboss It (2nd entry)
Little Red Wagon Challenge #131: Stitch It Up (2nd entry)
One Stop Craft Challenge #181: Celebrations

Supplies: cardstock: Core'dinations (gray), Georgia Pacific (white); patterned papers: Echo Park (blue), My Mind's Eye (yellow), KI Memories (green); stamps: Recollections (baby boy), Paper Smooches (welcome); ink: Versamark; embossing powders: American Crafts; corner rounder, hole punch: We R Memory Keepers; baker's twine: Divine Twine; buttons: Buttons Galore & More; sewing machine: Kenmore; thread: Singer

14 comments:

  1. A fabulous stamp and I love the way you attached the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Love the mix of patterns and the pop of the mustard embossing against the gray. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this combo too Kimberley - gorgeous card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. A most EXCELLENT use of the colors, Kimberly! I love the boldness of it all! Thanks so much for playing along in the Color Throwdown challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A.DOR.ABLE! Thank you for joining in the fun at www.CropStop.com! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card! Great design and colors. Thanks for joining our CropStop Emboss Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling baby card...the papers and button treatment are fantastic!!! Thanks for joining us for the color Throwdown!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this. Love the colours you used and the layout. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card! Thank you for playing along with us at CropStop. Come back tomorrow for a new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable baby card!!! Thanks for playing with us at cropstop!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hola!
    pretty card by CPS-263 sketch
    This is my card:

    http://carolinamaraboliscrap.blogspot.com/2012/05/maniquis-vintage.html

    Hugs!!
    from Chile
    Carolina ArteScrap

    ReplyDelete