Monday, May 21, 2012

Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge - One of a kind

Happy Monday to all!  Today I have a card for the weekly challenge at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge blogEven though I'm in group 2 of the design team (weeks 2 and 4 of the month), I still created a card for today's challenge. It will be linked up to the challenge gallery rather than in the blog post itself.  Being that this is the third week of the month, the challenge is this:


Yep, it's a color challenge! And the colors for this month are super yummy:

Fun, right?  I know these colors are "Candylicious", but my card doesn't have anything to do with candy.  And I don't know how these colors appear on your screen, but the color in the upper right kinda messed with me a little.  On one computer, it looked a little lime-y green, but on my laptop it looks yellow.  And since my laptop is the one I use while I'm crafting, I went with yellow. Ok, now for the paper yummies:

I used the giraffe from the Zoo Crew set and a sentiment from Word Salad, only I changed the configuration of the words in the sentiment a little.  I colored in the giraffe using Prismacolor markers that match the papers, and paper-pieced him onto the orange patterned paper.  I added Glossy Accents to his eye and "horns":

I added some twine and a cute little button, and finished off the card with some machine stitching:

I used a super cute sketch from Retro Sketches from last month:

I hope you will play along with this challenge.  For each challenge, there will be a PS PRO. This PS PRO will receive a banner for their blog and a $30 credit to the Paper Smooches store.  You have until Sunday, May 27 at 11:59 PM EST to play along.
Please stop by and show some love to the Team 1 designers also:
KasiaHeatherGlendaLori, and Savannah

Did you know?  Paper Smooches is now on Pinterest! Come follow the entire team and company here!!! 

Thanks for looking!

I'm playing along here:
Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge

Supplies: card base: Recollections; cardstock: Georgia Pacific (white); patterned papers: Echo Park; stamps: Paper Smooches; ink: Memento; markers: Prismacolor; twine: Offray; button: craft supply; hole punch: We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-dile II; sewing machine: Kenmore; quilting thread: Americana

7 comments:

  1. Paper smooches stamps are ADORABLE! I love this little giraffe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute Kimberly!! Love those patterned papers and the giraffe is AWESOME with his blue spots!!
    I totally understand, on my screen, the left hand blue looked grey to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) super cute! I had the same thought about that same color spot. I first thought a Yellow/Green...then after I blinked a few times...it started to look yellow. I went with the yellow. I say it's all good! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Great combination of patterns and I love the layout.

    I hear you on the colours. The lower left one was the tough one for me... lighter blue or grey?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card with perfect stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so sweet! I love the layout and design.

    ReplyDelete