Monday, February 27, 2012

Nice threads

Happy Monday! I hope everybody had a great weekend. Today I'm sharing my third card for this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge. To see my first two cards, click here and here. Here is the challenge:

CFC41: Jest for the Pun of it.
Use a pun, or a sentiment in a silly way to create a joke, on your
Clean And Simple creation.

And now for the paper yummies:
When I originally thought of making this card, I knew I wanted to use a spool wrapped with baker's twine, but that was about all I had planned. So I found a little paper spool that came in a package of embroidery floss, and wrapped it with green and white baker's twine. It turned out really cute! Then I happened to flip through a DCWV paper pad, and found this PERFECT patterned paper! I mean, the colors, the theme...everything about it just *worked*. I stamped my sentiment using these awesome alphabet stamps from American Crafts (just in case the "ketchup" card sentiment was a fluke), and they stamped just as perfectly this time. I am TOTALLY sold on these stamps - they match up so perfectly every time to create a sentiment that looks computer-generated! I stitched around two sides of the patterned paper, then added some random stitching on the pattern itself. I added some ribbon, the spool of twine, and a cute little button. Here is a closer look at the spool:

I am entering this card here:
CAS-ual Fridays CFC41: Jest for the pun of it
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge 109: A colorful recipe (green, white, and blue)
Card Patterns Sketch 154
The Pixie Cottage Challenge 109: Buttons & Bows

Thanks for looking!

Supplies: cardstock: Recollections (kraft), Georgia Pacific (white); patterned paper: DCWV; stamps: American Crafts; ink: Tsukineko; scallop edge punch: EK Success; paper spool, button: craft supply; baker's twine: Divine Twine; ribbon: Offray; dimensional adhesive: American Crafts; sewing machine: Kenmore; thread: Singer

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe that sentiment is done w alphabet stamps! Amazing! Your card is perfect for the challenge--super creative & cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimberly! I found your blog through your Young Crafter's Unite win (congratulations btw!) and I really love your style :) I added myself so I could follow your future paper yummies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the pun! Your card is adorable :) So glad you came to play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cute! "Great threads"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab design! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww this is so sweet!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete