Monday, February 27, 2012

Nice threads

Happy Monday! I hope everybody had a great weekend. Today I'm sharing my third card for this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge. To see my first two cards, click here and here. Here is the challenge:

CFC41: Jest for the Pun of it.
Use a pun, or a sentiment in a silly way to create a joke, on your
Clean And Simple creation.

And now for the paper yummies:
When I originally thought of making this card, I knew I wanted to use a spool wrapped with baker's twine, but that was about all I had planned. So I found a little paper spool that came in a package of embroidery floss, and wrapped it with green and white baker's twine. It turned out really cute! Then I happened to flip through a DCWV paper pad, and found this PERFECT patterned paper! I mean, the colors, the theme...everything about it just *worked*. I stamped my sentiment using these awesome alphabet stamps from American Crafts (just in case the "ketchup" card sentiment was a fluke), and they stamped just as perfectly this time. I am TOTALLY sold on these stamps - they match up so perfectly every time to create a sentiment that looks computer-generated! I stitched around two sides of the patterned paper, then added some random stitching on the pattern itself. I added some ribbon, the spool of twine, and a cute little button. Here is a closer look at the spool:

I am entering this card here:
CAS-ual Fridays CFC41: Jest for the pun of it
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge 109: A colorful recipe (green, white, and blue)
Card Patterns Sketch 154
The Pixie Cottage Challenge 109: Buttons & Bows

Thanks for looking!

Supplies: cardstock: Recollections (kraft), Georgia Pacific (white); patterned paper: DCWV; stamps: American Crafts; ink: Tsukineko; scallop edge punch: EK Success; paper spool, button: craft supply; baker's twine: Divine Twine; ribbon: Offray; dimensional adhesive: American Crafts; sewing machine: Kenmore; thread: Singer

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe that sentiment is done w alphabet stamps! Amazing! Your card is perfect for the challenge--super creative & cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimberly! I found your blog through your Young Crafter's Unite win (congratulations btw!) and I really love your style :) I added myself so I could follow your future paper yummies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the pun! Your card is adorable :) So glad you came to play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab design! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww this is so sweet!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete