Sunday, February 5, 2012

hello sunshine


I recently bought my first set of Paper Smooches stamps, and just cannot get enough of their cute little images and adorable sentiments. I also just discovered a few days ago that they offer free digital stamps on their blog, which is so cool! So I downloaded a few (all of them!), and used a couple of them to play along with their current challenge, inspired by this picture:

I just love the stripes and all the texture in those cute flowers and leaves, and I love the "fresh" color palette. I wanted to incorporate stripes in a little different way, bring the fresh spring colors into my card, and add some texture. I also used the following sketch from Young Crafters Unite:

I just LOVE the way this card turned out so bright and cheery. I added texture by stitching the sun's polka-dot rays (which are my stripes). I incorporated the teal/mint colors from the inspiration photo in the form of buttons and by outlining the sentiment banner. And now for the paper yummies:
It's a bit difficult to see in the photos, but I die-cut only the circular part of the sun using a Nestabilities die, so that I could "pop" him up a bit using dimensional adhesive:
I'm playing along with:

Thanks for looking!

Supplies: card base: The Paper Studio; cardstock: Georgia Pacific; patterned paper: Making Memories; stamps: Paper Smooches free digital stamps; markers: Prismacolor; cutting dies: Spellbinders; die cutting machine: Cuttlebug; edge punch: EK Success; ribbon: Michael's; baker's twine: Divine Twine; buttons, pen: craft supply, dimensional adhesive: American Crafts, sewing machine: Kenmore; thread: Singer

4 comments:

  1. what a cute sun, LOVE yellow, great use of the colors and you did awesome with all the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun and cheery! I love the yellow color =) Thank you so much for joining our Young Crafters Unite challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. It put a big smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kimberly! Thanks for linking this up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete