Tuesday, February 7, 2012

CPS Day 2 - aeio...missing u

Hi, everybody! I'm back with my card for day 2 of the Card Positioning Systems 5 year anniversary celebration. Here is the sketch (#166):
I thought it would be fun to use the large circular element in the sketch as a window in the front of my card, with the smaller circle affixed to a piece of patterned paper that would "bridge" the window. Not sure if that is the best way to describe it or of that even makes sense (LOL), but you'll see what I'm talking about. I used my Nestabilities circle dies to cut the window and the sentiment piece, and I think it turned out really cute! Now for the paper yummies:

I used patterned paper by October Afternoon, and machine stitched with red thread around the edges. Here is a close-up of the window, showing how you can see through to the inside of the card. The sentiment and the heart are Hero Arts stamps from the Year Round Sentiments set. I stamped the heart on patterned paper, trimmed around it, adhered it under my sentiment, and applied Glossy Accents on top of it. SO CUTE!
I am also playing along with the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and the Lily Pad Cards Patterned Paper challenge presented by Simon Says Stamp.

Thanks for looking!

Supplies: cardstock: Recollections (kraft), Core'dinations (red scallop strip at top); patterned papers: October Afternoon; stamps: Hero Arts; ink: Tsukineko; cutting dies: Nestabilities by Spellbinders; die cutting machine: Cuttlebug by Provocraft; scallop edge punch: Fiskars; dimensional glaze: Glossy Accents by Ranger; trim: Michael's; sewing machine: Kenmore; thread: Singer; buttons: Joann; twine: Offray

2 comments:

  1. I like it! Nice use of the CPS sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kimberly! Thanks for linking this up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete