Wednesday, February 15, 2012

CPS Day 15 & Paper Smooches Sparks - love

Whew! This is my final post for the day, as well as my card the final sketch for the Card Positioning Systems 5th anniversary celebration! YAY!!! And it's extra special because Kim Moreno hosted day 15, and I know her personally! We used to work together at a scrapbook store when she lived here. The girl is super talented, and finds time to create beautiful things while taking care of 5 kids. Go Kim! Here is the sketch she picked for day 15 (#231):
I also wanted to create another card for the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge. Here is the inspiration photo for that challenge:
I again was inspired by the felt and stitching, but this time I stuck more with the color and theme of the photo. I also incorporated some metal, inspired by the safety pin. And I tried a new technique (for me): stitching inside a stamped sentiment. Now for the paper yummies:

I stamped two different background patterns in two different ink colors instead of using papers. Then I stitched in between them with green thread. I stacked 3 felt hearts on top of this cute die-cut heart from The Girls' Paperie, then I stitched right up the middle of all of them with the same green thread. I wanted to incorporate some metal, but didn't have a cute little clothespin like the one in the photo. So I used my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher and added some tiny staples. Here is a closer view of the hearts:

I stamped this cute sentiment from Paper Smooches "Word Salad", then I thought, "I wonder how that would look with green stitching in the middle?" Turns out - pretty cute! LOL! I think I may have to do that more often! Here's a closer view:

I tied some ribbon around the front of the card, using my new "short ribbon" trick, and added a button with some baker's twine. Then I adhered the stamped/stitched sentiment onto the ribbon:

I'm playing along with these challenges:
Paper Smooches Sparks challenge
Card Positioning Systems day 15 sketch
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge 108: Try something new (stitching inside a sentiment stamp)

Thanks for looking!

Supplies: cardstock: Georgia Pacific; patterned paper/heart die cut: The Girls' Paperie, stamps: Martha Stewart (backgrounds), Paper Smooches (sentiment); inks: Tsukineko (Pear Tart and Angel Pink Memento, Onyx Black Versafine); felt hearts: American Crafts; stapler: Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher; ribbon: The Ribbon Boutique; button: Buttons Galore; baker's twine: Divine Twine; sewing machine: Kenmore; thread: Singer

5 comments:

  1. Great card, love the hearts. Thanks for sharing at F'n'F this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. KIMBERLY!!! OMG... first off I LOVE your card... and all your stuff really! And I'm so glad to see you playing along with us at CPS!!! Keep in touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card, it's brilliant all the stitching is absolutely fantastic.

    Thank you for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky Challenge this week and the best of luck.

    Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to stop by and congratulate you on finishing all 15 sketches for the CPS 5th Anniversary. Thanks so much for joining us! Have a great weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is soooooooo beautiful! I LOVE your stitching in the sentiment--and I can't believe that the O looks so good! I need to take sewing lessons from you! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)

    ReplyDelete