Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Get your LEARN on

Here is a school-themed card I made using the "A Boy's Life" 6x6 paper pad from Echo Park. This pad has so many great, usable patterns in it. I thought that this letter pattern was too cool to not make a school-related card with it. I used the scraps from the paper to cut out "LEARN" with my craft knife (I also took a couple letters from an area of my background piece that I knew would be covered). I also used some Mint Motif stamps to create a star-shaped chipboard button and a little paper-pieced chipboard pencil, and some Hero Arts alpha stamps to complete my sentiment. Now for the paper yummies:


To create the star "button" (under the pencil), I stamped the star on chipboard and on the blue patterned paper. Then I cut out the blue star and adhered it onto the chipboard star. I cut out the chipboard star, punched two "button holes" in it with my Crop-a-dile Big Bite, then covered the star with Glossy Accents. For the pencil, I stamped on chipboard and onto the cute yellow striped patterned paper, then cut just the barrel of the pencil out of the yellow paper. I pieced it onto the barrel of the chipboard pencil, then colored the wood and eraser portions of the pencil with Prismacolor markers. I cut out the paper-pieced chipboard pencil, and secured it on top of the star with some baker's twine. I added silver Stickles to the part of the pencil that would be metal. I also added Glossy Accents to the letters in "LEARN". Here's a closer view:

I am entering this card here:
Little Red Wagon chipboard challenge

Thanks for looking!

Supplies: cardstock: Recollections; patterned papers: Echo Park; stamps: Mint Motif (writing line, star, pencil), Hero Arts (alphabet stamps); ink: Tsukineko; embossing powder, dimensional adhesive: American Crafts; markers: Prismacolor; scallop edge punch: EK Success; hole punch: We R Memory Keepers; Glossy Accents, glitter glue: Ranger; ribbon: craft supply; baker's twine: Divine Twine; craft knife: Fiskars; sewing machine: Kenmore; thread: Singer

5 comments:

  1. Love it! As a teacher, I love it even more!!
    I really love the cut pencil tied to the star! Thanks for playing with us at LRW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim! Love this fabulous card! That paper is so fun and your adorable star and pencil are the perfect additions! So glad you played with us at Lily Pad Cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Kimberly! I love those stamps, too. Thanks for stopping by during the Paper Smooches Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, this is CUTE! Love those papers! Congrats on your Little Red Wagon pick!

    ReplyDelete