Saturday, March 3, 2012

Simple Card Saturday - "Welcome baby" clear card

Happy Saturday (well, at least when I started this post :)! Today I taught a kids' class at Real Deals (an "all about me" chipboard book), and everybody's project turned out really cute. I was very impressed with all the kiddos and their books. Amy and I also made up some samples for upcoming classes, so I'll be posting those in the next few days.

For this week's Simple Card Saturday, I'm playing along with a few challenges. One of them is the CAS-ual Fridays challenge (I was a VIP in their last challenge - squeal!). Here is their challenge:

I'm also playing along with Young Crafters Unite challenge (I was also a recent winner there! Double squeal!). Here is their challenge:


I hadn't done a clear card in years, so this was a good challenge for me. I also don't have any clear cardstock, but I did have some "presentation covers", which I love. They're frosted rather than being completely transparent, but you can still see through them, and I LOVE the effect they give. Now for the paper yummies:
It may be difficult to tell from the picture, but the yellow striped paper with the big polka dots is actually inside the front of the card. The only pieces on the front of the card are the cardstock piece with the sentiment, the ribbon, and the felt baby buggy. I just ADORE the way the frosted presentation cover gives this card such a soft look! I had actually planned to use it on a different card, but wasn't wild about the way it was turning out. So it was sitting on my table when I started making this card, and I thought I'd just see how it looked. As soon as I put my patterned paper inside, it just clicked! Love it when that happens! Anyway, I stamped the big polka dots using the "Line Dots" cling stamp from Hero Arts. I really like the way it looks on the yellow striped paper! The sentiment stamp is from Papertrey Ink's "Simple Sentiments" set. I used Memento London Fog ink on both stamps. The felt puffy is from KI Memories. This picture shows a little bit better that the patterned paper is inside the front of the card:
And here's another angle, showing all the frosted goodness:
Love it!
This card is playing along here:
CAS-ual Fridays CFC #42: Hey, Baby!
Young Crafters Unite Challenge #7: Clear Cards
One Stop Craft Challenge #172: Button It
The Ribbon Carousel RCC 42: Anything Goes

Thanks for looking!

Supplies: presentation cover: GBC; patterned paper: SEI; cardstock: The Paper Company; stamps: Hero Arts (polka dots), Papertrey Ink (sentiment); ink: Memento (London Fog); felt baby buggy: KI Memories; ribbon: Hobby Lobby; corner rounder: We R Memory Keepers

6 comments:

  1. This card is super cute!!! I want to thank you for stopping by my blog and showing some love.....I totally love that and I am a follower of your blog as well!!! Have a great day dearie!!!!

    -t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sa-weet! Love that little carriage and those circles. Yummy color scheme too :) Thanks for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little card, great use of the buttons, thanks for joining us this week at OSCC. Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely darling!! Thanks for having some fun with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that 3D embellishment and the sentiment is so cute with it. Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete