Saturday, March 10, 2012

Simple Card Saturday - Hang in there!

Happy Saturday! Today's card was inspired by a few different challenges. First off, I'm playing along with CAS-ual Fridays challenge "For Sentimental Reasons":
I'm following a sketch from Mojo Mondays:
And I'm also using an inspiration photo from the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge:
I love several things about this photo, but especially all the texture, stitching, and outlining. I also love the neutral background with the clean white felt and pops of pink and yellow. Paper Smooches has a new free digital stamp this month that is too cute. The image is tied in with the sentiment, so I thought that was perfect for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge. And then I added some more sentiment of my own. And now for the paper yummies:

I printed the digital stamp onto adhesive-backed fabric paper by American Crafts + Dear Lizzy. I love the way the stamp printed so cleanly onto the fabric! I rounded the corners of the fabric, then stitched along the outer edge. I also added some stitching right onto the lil' squirrel's feet. I added some white felt, which I also stitched. The white circular dots are a stamp by Fiskars, and I stitched just inside the stamped pattern. I finished the card off with a hand-written sentiment and some corduroy brads. Between the fabric, felt, stitching, and brads, this card has a lot of texture to it. Here are some close-ups:

I'm playing along here:
Mojo Monday Sketch 231
Paper Smooches Sparks challenge

Thanks for looking!

Supplies: cardstock: Recollections; fabric paper: American Crafts + Dear Lizzy; digital stamp: Paper Smooches; stamp: Fiskars (white dots); ink: Joann; white pen: Signo Uniball; corner rounder: We R Memory Keepers; dimensional adhesive: American Crafts; felt, brads: craft supply; sewing machine: Kenmore; thread: Singer

8 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love the fabric and I never thought to print a digi onto fabric before! Kraft and pink are one of my fav colour combos! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Love it! Olena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card! I love this retro look you have going on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, very cute!! Thanks for getting sentimental with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! So fun with the image printed on patterned paper =) Thank you so much for playing along in this SPARKS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is completely adorable!! I LOVE that cute stamped image on the fabric and the white circle and sentiment on the kraft!! Thanks for playing along with us @ Frosted Designs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute....lvoe the white stamped on the kraft matched with the orange polkas... so cute!! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs this week!!

    ReplyDelete