Monday, June 25, 2012

Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge - HELLO SUMMER!

Happy Monday to all!  I hope everybody had a fantastic summery weekend.  It sure is hot here, but we might be getting a little rain today and tomorrow.  I don't love too many things about summer in Arizona, but one thing I do love is our monsoon season.  The smell of rain on the desert is one of my summer faves... and speaking of summer, let's talk about the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge for this week!  YAY!!  Since it's the fourth week of the month, that means


Yep, it's a photo inspiration challenge.  And this photo just SCREAMS summer to me:

I love that cool tiered tray with the red and white checked tissue paper, and those de-freaking-licious looking cupcakes with the flags are too cute for words (and I'd like to eat all of them. Right now).  That scrumptious photo inspired this paper yummy:

Another thing that screams summer to me is this paper line by Simple Stories.  LOVE IT!  I couldn't NOT use it on this card, especially since they included that awesome red gingham patterned paper!  I used a little journaling card from the 6x6 pad, that already said "HELLO SUMMER!", and based my card around that.  One of the flags from the Paper Smooches Circle of Honor set fit perfectly around that sentiment.  I used a ruler and a pen to draw in the "toothpick" that sticks into the cupcake (from Yummers).  I paper-pieced the cupcake wrapper with the gingham paper, and paper-pieced the icing with some text patterned paper, to which I added some sprinkles:
 
I added a little ribbon tab and a button with brads through the holes to balance out the card a little bit:

I used the chevron stamp from the Geo-Graphic set and some Versamark ink to add some subtle detail to the navy paper:

I'm really excited to see how other people interpret this photo!  You can play along with the challenge here. You have until next Sunday, July 1 at 11:59 PM EST to play along.  The winner will receive a $30 credit to the Paper Smooches store!!  And don't forget the check out the rest of Team 2's wonderful creations, and give em' some love!
Thanks so much for looking! 

Supplies: card base: Recollections; cardstock: Core'dinations (kraft); patterned paper: Simple Stories; stamps: Paper Smooches; inks: Tsukineko (Onyx Black, watermark); ribbon: Michael's; button: craft supply; brads: American Crafts; black pen: K & Company; glitter glue: Ranger

2 comments:

  1. This is too CUTE! LOVING the sparkly jimmies on the cupcake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOOOOOVe this card! I love the papers--love the design--and I LOVE that little button/brad embellie! FAB job! LOVE:)

    ReplyDelete