Thursday, December 20, 2012

CFC83 - Let it snow

Happy Thursday!  I'm here today with an extra special CAS-ual Fridays challenge.  Yep, on a THURSDAY!  Okay, here's the challenge:

Sounds festive, right?  Well, here's what makes it really special!  We're teaming up with the 10 Minute Craft Dash challenge, AND you get an extra week to play along:


So the challenge is to create a holiday card in 10 minutes or less.  Don't worry, you can gather all your supplies before you start your timer! Okay, now for the paper yummies:

I decided to single-layer with this one, peeps!  Which, as you know, is really not my cup of tea, but I'm trying!!  I also went with some non-traditional holiday colors, as the three ink pads were stacked on my shelf and I thought they looked pretty cool together (they are Close To My Heart inks in the colors Desert Sand, Hollyhock, and Smokey Plum)!  To create the large rings, I used the back side of a circular sentiment stamp from the Merry Kiss-mas set.  I stamped off each ring one time onto some scrap paper to lighten the color up a little bit.  Then I stamped a large snowflake from Snowflake Greetings in the center of each ring (again, I stamped off the snowflake over which I was going to be stamping my sentiment, to lighten it up).  Then I stamped the sentiment, lining up the small snowflake from the word "snow" with the larger snowflake in the background.  I added pink rhinestones to the centers of the Hollyhock snowflakes, and a purple rhinestone to the center of the Smokey Plum snowflake.  To finish off the card, I rounded two opposite corners.  BAM!  There you go.  Single-layer and under ten minutes (9:06 to be exact)!

I hope you'll be dashing through the holidays with us.  And don't forget, you have TWO weeks to play along with this challenge!  WAHOO!!!  CAS-ual Fridays Stamps is sponsoring this challenge, and the winner will receive $20 to spend in the store!


Thanks for looking!

Supplies: card stock: Stampin' Up!; stamps: CAS-ual Fridays Stamps; inks: Close To My Heart; rhinestones: Me and My Big Ideas; corner rounder: We R Memory Keepers

4 comments:

  1. Love those circles...fabulous one layer card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these circles Kimberly, so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done! The color and glitter are perfect, Kimberly! Wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fantastic one layer card, Kimberly! Love how you did the snowflakes inside the circles!

    So thrilled I could team up with gals over on the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge. You all are amazing!

    ReplyDelete