Thursday, November 29, 2012

CFC80 - Season's Greetings/Happy Holidays gift tags

Happy Friday to all!  Since the last challenge at CAS-ual Fridays was a two-weeker and I didn't have any other pressing projects, I took a much-needed break and enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving with my family.  I did a 5K "turkey trot" race that morning (with my parents there to cheer me on!), complete with water jumps and hay bale hurdles.  It was a lot of fun!  I hope you all had just as wonderful a Thanksgiving as I!  I'm back with this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge:

And the wonderful sponsor this week is Bossy Joscie!  If you've never checked out her site, I highly recommend that you do.  The girl's got FLAIR!!!

So yeah, this week it's a gift card challenge rather than a card challenge (unless of course you make a card that incorporates a gift tag).  Fun, right?  I really liked this challenge because I was able to use something I've had in my stash for years, and never really had an idea for.  It worked out perfectly with my CAS-ual Fridays Stamps to create these paper yummies:

So, do you see that cute tree-patterned strip?  That's a decorative packing tape I found years ago (Tuesday Morning, maybe?) and have never really had a vision or a plan for.  It worked out so wonderfully on these tags, and made it super easy to make a bunch of 'em!  I just cut a piece of the tape and adhered it across the bottom of a pre-made kraft tag by Ranger.  I trimmed the excess from each side, then stamped the sentiment (from Snowflake Greetings) with Staz-On ink, since half of it would land on the slick surface of the tape.  I finished off the tags with some white dashed lines and baker's twine.  After I took the above picture, I had the idea to add a bit o' Stickles glitter.  Here's a close-up:

I love how these turned out!  I hope you'll play along with this week's challenge.  You have until next Thursday at noon EST to do so.  Thanks so much for looking!

Supplies: kraft tags: Ranger;decorative tape: craft supply; stamps: CAS-ual Fridays Stamps; ink: Tsukineko (Staz-On); white gel pen: Uniball Signo; baker's twine: Divine Twine; corner rounder: We R Memory Keepers; glitter glue: Ranger

6 comments:

  1. wow these are so cute tags..i just can't wait to try this out and will use these in the design of Gift Card envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...these are awesome...love the touch of glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely! Awesome idea, using that tape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tags! And glad you took a little rest - we all need that sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how these turned out too! (From one Kimberly to another -that is!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those white dashes truly finish off the tag. They are so cool!

    ReplyDelete