Thursday, September 20, 2012

CFC71 - I ♥ fall

Happy Friday!  I'm so excited that the official start of fall is almost upon us, even if we don't really have a fall season here in Arizona.  It is refreshing to feel that change in the air though.  And that's exactly what we're celebrating this week at CAS-ual Fridays!  Check it:

And our wonderful sponsor for this week's challenge is Great Impressions Stamps.  The winner will receive a  $25 gift certificate to spend in their store!  How cool is that?!?

For this challenge, I knew I HAD to use my Simple Stories Harvest Lane collection.  It is to fall paper crafting what their Summer Fresh line was to summer: absolutely PERFECT!  It made it so easy to create this paper yummy:

So, I've been doing a lot of sewing lately, and just so happened to have a leftover piece of ruffled fabric.   It was the first thing I've made using my new ruffler foot.  Has anybody else tried one of those?  AWESOME!!!  It makes ruffling so. much. easier.  And serendipitously, the yellow in this fabric matched the yellow in the Harvest Lane collection perfectly.  Thanks to that, and the collection pack sticker sheets, this card came together pretty darn easily.  I adhered the ruffle to the card...

...then adhered the alphabet stickers to the card, starting at the right and working backwards to make sure it all fit.  I popped the wood grain house sticker up on foam tape, and popped a punched heart up in the middle of the house's heart.  With a white gel pen, I drew a heart between the two hearts and a line around the edge of the card.  I finished it off with a button:
Of all the things to love about fall, my favorites are the color schemes, warm-scented things to melt and make the house smell delicious, and being inspired to create different kinds of crafts, i.e. sewn projects.  What do you love about it?  Show us in this week's challenge!  You have until next Thursday at noon EST to do so.

I'm also playing along with the Gallon/Quart/Pint challenge in the Moxie Fab World.

Thanks for looking!

Supplies: cardstock: The Paper Studio; patterned paper, cardstock stickers (alpha and house): Simple Stories Harvest Lane collection; fabric: Joann Fabrics; sewing machine: Singer; quilting thread: Americana; button: Buttons Galore & More; white gel pen: Uniball Signo; foam tape: American Crafts; heart punch: Fiskars

4 comments:

  1. I love how your popped the little house with the heart in the middle...great design Kimberly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabby card Kimberly, love that yellow ruffle!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card and I agree with everything you said about fall. Love it! Great way to use leftover material.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kimberly! Thanks for linking this up to the Gallon/Quart/Pint Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete