Monday, April 2, 2012

CFC46, Hero Arts, and Paper Smooches: Happy Everything

Happy Monday, all! So, yesterday I hosted a 90-minute scramble on the Hero Arts Flickr board, and one of the cards I made as a sample was also for this week's challenge at CAS-ual Fridays:
CFC46: Create a Clean And Simple project based on a song.

I'm also playing along with Young Crafters Unite sewing/stitching challenge:

The theme for my scramble was inspired by the date yesterday(4-1-2012). The challenge was to incorporate elements in each of those quantities: 4-1-2-0-1-2.
-4 like elements
-1 patterned paper (and only 1)
-2 colors minimum
-0 black ink
-1 ribbon
-2 stamps minimum

And for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge, I was inspired by the song "Let's go fly a kite" from Mary Poppins. Now for the paper yummies:

I was inspired by the negative die cutting technique at the CASE Study blog, so my 4 like elements are square die cut negatives, to make a window. I used 1 patterned paper (by Echo Park), 2 colors minimum, 0 black ink, 1 ribbon, and 2 stamps minimum (I used 3: kite and clouds by Hero Arts, sentiment by Paper Smooches). I machine stitched over the kite string with white thread, and popped the "window" up on dimensional adhesive. Here is a close-up:

I just love how happy this card turned out. Kinda makes me wanna squeal a little...

I'm playing along here:
CAS-ual Fridays CFC46: Name that tune (my inspiration was "Let's go fly a kite")
CASE Study Challenge #84 (photo inspiration with negative die cutting)
Young Crafters Unite Challenge #8: Sewing or stitching (I sewed over the kite string)

Thanks for looking!

Supplies: cardstock: Core'dinations (yellow), Georgia Pacific (white), The Paper Company (blue); patterned paper: Echo Park; stamps: Hero Arts (kite, clouds), Paper Smooches (sentiment); ink: Hampton Art (blue), Joann (white); dies: Nestabilities by Spellbinders; die cutting machine: Cuttlebug by Provocraft; scalloped edge punch: Fiskars; ribbon: The Ribbon Boutique; white gel pen: Uniball Signo; dimensional adhesive: Recollections; sewing machine: Kenmore; thread: Singer

7 comments:

  1. I like your little window with the kite flying in the sky. The colors are so clean and cheerful. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, love that window AND that gorgeous ribbon!! Oh my! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna squeal too! Such a happy card and wow is it ever cute! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fab card! Love it! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done!! LOVE the window design, Kimberly! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your window with the kite showing through. great job on the stitching....I don't sew lol. TFS
    --C
    christinescreativecards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun and happy card!! Love the added detail of the machine stitching on the kite - really cute! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete